Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movies

We recently got back from a fabulous vacation at my sister's place in Tahoe, and while there, I saw the new Batman movie. Christopher Nolan, the writer/director, also directed one of my all-time favorite movies, Memento. Nolan made Memento for about $5 million, yet, I think Memento's even better than the $180 million Dark Knight. Check 'em out and see what you think.

Oh, and I'm very pumped to see the new documentary Man On Wire. It recounts the true story of Philippe Petit's walk on a tightrope stretched between the Twin Towers in 1974. He did this illegally, and without any safety equipment whatsoever. Not only did he walk on the tightrope, he laid on it and danced on it! Crazy! I don't remember this story from when I was young, but this is a truly remarkable and, in view of 9/11, sentimentally nostalgic story

No comments: