Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pedicures, Gs, first words, and "the new god" of youtube

Well, I managed to get a haircut today so that I look somewhat presentable for my first day back at work tomorrow. I also got a massage to relieve stress' vice-like grip on my shoulders. What did I forget? Oh yeah, a pedicure -- Greta to Mommy: "Mommy, is that babyfood on your heels?" No, dear, just old, sandpapery skin.

She really is amazing. Not quite 3, I caught her drawing the capital letter G over and over again on several sheets of paper. The first one I thought was a fluke, but when she kept doing it, I realized she must have simply taught herself how to do it. While I'm bragging, Johnny (almost 10 months) now says "mama" and "dada" -- and I think he now knows what he's saying.

But enough about real life. How about some fantasy? The best video I have seen in a long, long time captures a feigned "spontaneous" group dance number in Union Square (June '08). If this doesn't make you wish you could be free, then you are far too well-adjusted and clearly don't work for the man. And if you need some impetus to watch it, here's a comment by a youtube user: "What? Why doesn't this vid have a trillion views? It's like... the new god" Oh, so quiet

No comments: